Loesje is always searching for people that want to support her activities. You can do this in different ways. Loesje is a world wide network of individuals, groups, associations and organisations. In most countries people work voluntary for Loesje. Most of the vacancies you can find here are voluntary, only occasionally you can find paid vacancies here.
Do you want to do EVS in Berlin at the international Loesje office?
We are looking for two creative and motivated people to do European Voluntary Service (EVS) at the international Loesje office in Berlin for 12 months. EVS is a project of the European Commission and it means you can live for free in Berlin, do society-committed work and enjoy life, if you are under 31. Regulations you can read below.
Who is Loesje?
Loesje is an idealistic organisation which aims for a creative society based on own initiative and active citizenship. The objective is to exchange ideas and opinions, to stimulate people to create their own ideas. Loesje mainly uses posters with short but strong texts (one-liners), which shine a different light on particular subjects. Our main activity is to create such posters, together with our members, as well as with people from other organisations. The posters are spread on the Internet, around the streets, in community centres, schools etc. The aims of the organisation are to spread black and white posters to colour life and to create possibilities, in which participants of Loesje activities can start and support progressive social initiatives.
The project will start on the 1st of September 2012 and will last until the 31st of August 2013. It will be a great experience! At our office you will be working together with Rola (SE), Artur (PL) and interns from different countries, as well as many other active people of Loesje. The accommodation is arranged and for free, we have a cosy EVS flat where you will live together with the other EVS volunteer. You get money for food and pocket money, insurance, a German language course and a bike. The atmosphere at the office is informal and there is a lot of space to come up with your own ideas. A mentor, as a personal guide, will be present during your EVS year, although we encourage self-initiative, because an active attitude is essential for the work we do.
Project description / tasks
The actual work you'll do greatly depends on your own interests. Own initiative is highly valued. An incomplete overview of the possibilities:
· be in contact with and support new & old members
· support and organise international projects
· organise international youth meetings
· give creative text writing workshops
· help to develop and update the Loesje website, Facebook and other social media
· co-organise the yearly Loesje Summer Camp
· organise or create exhibitions, workshops or other activities in our project room: Loesje's Imagination
· graphic design (lay-out of flyers, posters and Loesje products, as books)
· you could be also involved in PR, networking, technical development or fund raising
How to apply?
First read the regulations and selection criteria. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us. One advice, in case you know the people at the international Loesje office, pretend you don’t know them. What you write is very important to us and not what you believe that we know of you. It’s better to write more than to give too less information.
· You are not allowed to be German
· You should be between 18 and 30 years old (not yet 31 by the start of the EVS project)
· You should be able to speak English well (preferably more languages)
· A strong motivation clearly describing what you want to do
· CV and Creative Vitae (what are your creative skills?)
· Able to work independently and to develop own ideas
· Experience inside Loesje
· Experience in organising projects
· Computer skills
· Willingness to live with another EVS-er
· We should believe you will fit in our team
· The following skills are not a requisite, but could be a plus: driving license, German knowledge, experience in lay-out, PR, fund raising, web design, hard ware and soft ware, book keeping or knowledge on topics that could be interesting to Loesje
· We prefer a geographical and gender mixed team, though personal qualities weigh higher
Deadline for applying:
The deadline for applying is the 4th of March 2012.
We will inform you as soon as possible, if you are selected or not.
You can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
BOARD MEMBER OF THE FOUNDATION LOESJE INTERNATIONAL
Loesje, a poster-sticking girl born in 1983 in Arnhem, the Netherlands, has been working on spreading her thoughts and ideas all over the world for the last 26 years. She aims to make people think, laugh and act upon her texts. To accommodate her ideals the Foundation Loesje International was founded in 1994. Some of the goals of the Foundation are;
- world wide spreading of “black and white text” posters that give color to life;
- world wide creating possibilities in which participants of Loesje activities can constantly start and support progressive social initiative. Within this a maximum possibility is given to the development of individual freedom and social concern of the mentioned participants;
- worldwide supporting the different national Loesje groups as well as the individual participant who takes part in Loesje activities;-
- and further supporting everything that has a direct or indirect connection with this or can be stimulating for this, everything in the broadest sense of the words.
The Foundation Loesje International will celebrate the 6th anniversary of her Berlin office this year. Whilst looking back at 6 years of black and white posters, innovative ideas and border crossing projects the time has also come to develop new strategies for the future.
To help us develop new ideas whilst guarding the continuity the Foundation is now looking for a new:
We would welcome the following qualities:
- Knowledge of or affinity with the ideas and ideals of Loesje International
- (Basic) knowledge of the German language
- Experience with fundraising (through funds, private foundations and any other ways)
- Networks and contacts that could be helpful for the future of Loesje International
- Coaching qualities, experience in guiding employees, conflict management, mediation
- Knowledge of the German/Dutch tax and legal systems
If you feel that you could positively contribute to our board with your ideas and knowledge, we would like to hear from you.
We offer you a whole new world of ideas, new friendships and a broadened horizon, as well as a compensation for travel expenses made. Your position in the board would be decided upon by mutual agreement.
The current board consists out of members from North-West Europe and for geographical equality purposes we warmly welcome applicants from different countries. We would also especially welcome all female applicants for reasons of maintaining a gender balance. For further information or to apply you can contact Magnus Löfqvist (gnuist[at]gmail.com)
Loesje wants to build up a poster archive in many languages. If you speak a certain language fluently you can support Loesje by translating monthly texts. Loesje is mainly interested in languages of countries where she isn't active yet. The archive with texts in different languages should stimulate more people to start a Loesje group in their country.
This website has around 11.000 visitors coming from almost 100 countries a month. Loesje is searching for persons that know how to work with internet scripts (php, mysql) that can make interactive parts for the website on request, for example a news feature or a more advanced e-cards system. Ideas to improve the website are always welcome. You can also be asked to create a website for a specific project. Besides this Loesje would like to have a user friendly interface that makes it easy to update the website for people with limited knowledge of web design and html. Loesje tries to avoid working with flash because many people don't install the flash plug-in and the visitors come from all over the world and not all have a high speed internet connection. The accessibility of the website is very important. You don't get money (unless it is in a budget of a project) but you will get credits for the work you do by publishing your name on the website.
Every now and the Loesje makes a publication. This can be a book or a magazine. Sometimes we need an external graphical designer that can do the lay-out and make the publication even more inspiring by it's design. If you don't mind that Loesje contacts you when there is some work, feel free to send some of your lay-out work. You don't get money (unless it is in a budget of a project) but you will get credits for the work you do by publishing your name in the publication.